Supporting the needs of the entire community since 1912, the Batesburg-Leesville Friends group was the first such group in Lexington County. Since those early days, members of the Friends of the Batesburg-Leesville Branch Library have donated time, talent, and money to the library system.
Revenue is generated through membership dues, book sales, donations, and fund raising activities. The Friends provide funding for non-budgeted library projects and programs throughout the year.
A few examples of our Friends generous support include financially supporting the following:
* Weekly and special children's programs
* The Summer Reading programs for the community's children, teens, and adults
* An Author's Visit of an award winning South Carolina mystery author
* The Annual Stone Soup program which collects food and non-perishable items to
donate to the B-L Christian Ministry Center
* Staff training and development through the annual Staff Education In-service Day
The Friends have purchased the following items for the Library:
• TV-VCR combination
• Lightweight tables for the Meeting Room
• LCD projector
• Awning to cover the back entrance doors
• Signage for the Library
• Book shelves for an extension of the Book Nook
• Movie license for Saturday Movies @ the B-L
• A special reading rug for the Toddlertime and Storytime programs
The Friends Book Nook:
The Friends sell donated, gently-read, books at the Book Nook inside the library, as well as conduct spring and fall book sales. From paperbacks to hardback best sellers, the Book Nook has many books to choose from throughout the year.
Caroline Cunningham, President
Charles Nichols, Vice President
Janice Ethridge, Secretary
Marian Truscello, Treasurer
Yearly Membership Dues:
$ 5.00 Individual Friends (age 18 and up)
$10.00 Family Friends (including children 18 years of age and under)
$25.00 Organization/business Friends
$50.00 Patron Friends
$100.00 Life Membership for an Individual
$175.00 Live Membership for a Family
To become a Friend of the B-L Branch Library, come to the Library and fill out a Membership Form (at the Book Nook corner) and return it with your dues to the attention of the Friends of the B-L Branch Library, 203 Armory Street, B-L, SC 29006.
[ return to the friends of the library page ]